Walton Youth and Community Project aims to engage with young people and families from the local and wider community to:
Our ‘grassroots’ approach to engaging young people and families is a strength. Our service provides support within the local community. It is a user-led service allowing people to have a stake in implementing and planning services. We are open five days a week and offer our services over evenings, nights, and weekends to ensure we offer constant support to our users.
Our mission is to provide a bustling hub of community activity involving people of all ages, centred upon strong values, good educational content and most of all, fun. Our youth and community workers believe that by working with our community on issues that matter to them, we can begin to make the world a happier and better place.
We do this by:
• Engaging with young people and families to offer support and opportunities.
• Establishing and developing meaningful relationships.
• Encouraging young people to have positive aspirations.
• Ensuring we are an inclusive service, free from prejudice and discrimination.
• Enabling active youth and community participation to shape our project.
• Ensuring we are open at times young people need.